Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Cedar Waxwing Accident

Late this afternoon, I was sitting on the sofa reading a book and WHAM, a bird hit our large front window.  I rushed to see outside and lying on the brick was this little bird.
He was stunned and breathing heavily.
I cooed and gently pet him to try and calm the poor thing down. 
You can see the tiny spot of blood under his beak area.
I carefully picked him up.
And held him.  His right foot seemed a little off kilter.
My precious and darling friend.
I walked across the street with him still perched on my finger to show our neighbors, Richard and Sharon.  They suggested that I put him in a box with some holes and a little water for him.  We were planning on going to see The Artist, so I did just that and left him inside a box while we were out for a couple hours.  When I came home, the first thing I did was check on him.  I took him outside, slowly tipped the box and he flew up into our nearby tree, but not so high that I couldn't reach up and pet him.  Which I did.

I'm going to go outside now and see if he's still there.  Update:  He made it through the night safely and flew off in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment