Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

And to Think I Could Have Spent the Weekend on My Paintings...

We had a horrible weekend on a camping trip that we weren't even supposed to go on by the orders of Michael's doctor.  Michael had begged me to go and I gave in against my better judgement.  Everything went wrong that could go wrong.  Michael had to go to the emergency department twice late Saturday night which was an hour away in Fort Bragg each direction.  That's four plus hours total in the truck, in the middle of the night, in the fog, dodging racoons, deer, skunk, and opossums.  Thank goodness our friend, Don, drove us up there the first time because I don't think I could have done it twice.  Finally we got back to the campground around 8:00 in the morning and slept till ten o'clock. 

To make matters worse, coming home on Monday our truck was seriously acting up.  Several times we thought we'd be stuck and then it would start and off we'd go, whispering a little prayer.  We only barely made it to a diesel repair shop in Petaluma.  Long story short, the truck is still there and the owner was nice enough to help us out by towing our 5th wheel and taking us home.  He could tell we'd had a rough weekend, all he had to do was look at my poor husband's nose.  Oh, and a few minutes ago we just got a call about the truck repair.  Looks like we might need to replace all eight fuel injectors which comes to a whopping $4,000. 

I'm going to share the beautiful part of our weekend with the pictures we were able to get before Saturday night's mess happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment