Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mosaic Art For the Yard

We recently redid our backyard landscape and put in a brick path meandering around the fountain which is the focus of the yard.  I had Michael put in a mix of stepping stone pavers here and there throughout the brick path.  These are my blank canvases to do some decorative tile mosaics.  I had some extra boxes of colorful tiles stored in the laundry room for quite a few years, leftover from some other mosaic works.  I was waiting for a new project to use them up and I knew they'd be perfect for this. 

So, the other day, I donned my knee pads, goggles, etc., and began the daunting and back breaking task of the tile mosaics.  First thing I did was come up with some designs for all the pavers, nine total, I think.  Here's a few of the first ones completed but not grouted yet.  I'm going to wait until all are completed before grouting them.
I need to add just a wee bit more of the dark blue along the edges.
Add caption
My flying white egret.

I still have the background to finish on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment