Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Rain Baby


Rainy Thursday.  I've been wanting it to rain for the longest longest longest time.  Sigh.  It's so nice to have some colder weather...and wet.  I love wearing my boots! 

Climbed out of bed fairly early this morning, excited to go workout at the gym.  It feels soooo good to workout and I'm pushing myself harder than ever.  Getting stronger!

Decided to make a pot of homemade chicken and rice soup today and that's simmering in the crock pot now.  Filling the house up with a delicious aroma.  It's going to be some homemade goodness.  I'm not following a recipe, just winging it, which is what I normally do with soups and stews.  I usually (not always) use what I have on hand in the pantry and frig.  Afterward, when it's one of those really awesome dishes, I usually will ask myself, 'Okay, now what did you put in there?'  And I have to grab a notepad to write down the list of ingredients I used as I'm eating it.  That happened recently when I made a pot of chili beans.  I only used a small handful of things and it turned out super duper good.  Michael said not to forget that one and so far, I haven't.

Can you believe next week is Thanksgiving? 

No comments:

Post a Comment