Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

What's Up

I'm redecorating and painting my art studio.
It used to be my sewing room and paint studio combined but now that I'm streaming on Twitch, there simply isn't enough room for the two and I'd rather be painting than sewing.  Painting is my truest passion.

I've been having some problems since I started streaming.  I'm having technical issues with my cameras and computer.  I have this fancy ass computer and don't know how to work everything and getting all the cameras and things synced together has proven challenging to say the least.  I'm good with computers but my knowledge is limited.  Most often if I have a problem or need to learn how to do something, I Google it and can usually figure things out on my own.  Not this stuff though.  There's a lot more to it than that and I know I need outside help so I have to wait patiently.

With my painting, I can't see my colors correctly with all that glare.  I've done my research on the subject and realize now that my room is set up all wrong.

* The walls are too light, the window is wide open and needs some curtains to darken the room up.

* Because the walls are too light, I'm getting huge glare on my canvas which is horrible.

* The lighting fixtures are completely wrong and that contributes to the glare at my easel as well as the light bouncing off the walls.

* The furniture is too large, not enough open space for me to move around with all the camera equipment.  Tripping hazards, etc..  

Since I've been having these things going on, it's difficult for me to relax and I think that comes through on my videos.  I'm taking some time off from streaming to get these things taken care of and hopefully should be up and running in a week or so...

Meanwhile, here's some sweet birds that have taken over the fountain for their morning bath.




No comments:

Post a Comment