Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Petaluma Barns and Cows and Mare Island, Too

Yesterday we drove to Petaluma
to take photographs of landscapes and things for painting subjects.  Stopped for a little lunch in a tea shop.  It was such a relaxing and fun day.  On the way home we stopped at Mare Island to mess around and see what we could see.  At the end of the post are some great shots Mike captured with our zoom lens.



























 This one let me pet him.  The first time a cow has actually gotten this close and let me touch it.
 I've got my eye on you.

 They were all very curious.


Until a big truck went by and blew his horn.  He did it on purpose.  Asshole.  Sorry.  He was an ass.





 No trains on this track.  Unless they want to end up in the water.
 Dead End.

Next stop, Mare Island.  The old abandoned Naval Ship Yard.
 The building Mike worked in back in the day when this was still a thriving community.
 One of the areas where they would build and work on submarines.












 Where an osprey nest is in progress.  We were fortunate enough to capture some good shots.



 She's in the nest, working.
 He's over here, calling to her.  "What do you need, dear?"


 "Okay, I'll go see if I can find what you need."



 "No, that's not it.  Go look again."




 "Sweetheart, I found the perfect piece!  Nice and long, like you requested."


Oh, I almost forgot.  Mare Island has an annual celebration each year around the osprey.  Here's the link, Here.  This year, it's June 24 - 26, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment