Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Litter Pick Up Day


I didn't take any photos from today, I forgot.  These two photos are from our pick up several days ago at Raley's parking lot.  My phone was in my back pocket but once I got to picking up the litter, I didn't want to stop to take pictures.


Mike and I were going to pick up downtown on Texas Street but it was pretty clean, not littered much.  Instead we drove to Fairfield Ave and Tabor and walked down Tabor to Pennsylvania Ave near the school.  We picked up two very full bags of trash.  There was so much litter everywhere because of the school and the 7-11 store.  We got people's yards and all around the apartments in the area, too.  Trash that was stuffed inside and underneath bushes.  Everyone stares at us.  They either thank us or just warily walk past.  I'm sure they're thinking, who are these two nuts?  lol

The garbage man was there with his truck and he was nice enough and happy to take it off our hands.  He told us there is a policeman he knows that regularly picks up trash at some location in Fairfield.  I think he said near the old DMV.

I've been sick all week with a nasty head cold and even so, I still went because Mike seemed to really want to go do it.  It was fine with me though because I really wanted to go pick up litter.  There is something rewarding about it.  You feel good.  I don't mean, like I'm a good person, pat myself on the back thing.  I just mean it makes you feel good inside when you walk back over the area that was littered with garbage before and you see how clean you've made it.  That's a good feeling inside.

Unfortunately, the clean streets don't last long.  I'm guessing this area especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment