Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Paint Out - Yesterday and Today

Yesterday morning we drove to a private ranch in Capay Valley for a paint out.


There were lots of artists already there painting when we arrived around 9 a.m.. It was so cold, we lasted only about an hour at the most and packed up and drove into Winters for a late breakfast at the local cafe.
This is as far as I got with this painting and decided to put my things away. Guess I'm a wimp when it comes to painting in the freezing ass cold. My nose and fingers felt like ice. Will finish this one at home in my nice climate controlled studio.
Here's one I intend to paint (above photo) in the near future.

Michael had a hard time.  He ended up washing his off.  Frustrating for the poor guy.

The photos below are from today's paint out with our plein air group. We went to Waterbird Regional Preserve in Martinez for views of Mt. Diablo and the Shell Refinery across the water.
My painting.

Sandy and Isabelle.
Sandy.
Isabelle. 












No comments:

Post a Comment