Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Road Rage

Yesterday afternoon I had to drive to the store to pick up a few things for taco salad.  As I'm driving with my window down listening to some music, quietly minding my own business, I hear this woman screaming and swearing next to me.  I glanced over to see what was the matter.  She gave me the finger and called me some nasty names that I'll not repeat here.  I was shocked.  Apparently she had been trying to get into my lane.  So, I slowed down some for her to move in and did not saying a word to her.  No nasty looks, just simple kindness to let her in.

The thing about this is, she had never even passed me, she was just behind me a little bit on on my right side.  I'm a good driver, courteous and easy going, not uptight.  It could be that she was just as nasty and ugly a person as she appeared to be.  I don't know.  Some people just have no patience I guess.  She was even going to the same store as I was and had plenty of time to get into the left lane, at least a two blocks length.  Even if she had missed the first left turn, there are still two other turns to go into the shopping center after that one.  It rattled me a little bit to be screamed at like that by a total stranger.  And given the finger for such a stupid reason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment