Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Friday, September 19, 2014

Olema

I've been having some serious insomnia issues for the past month.  On Monday I asked Mike out of the blue if he'd like to take off and go camping to Olema for a couple of nights.  I was thinking that since I sleep so good when we're camping that it'd be worth a try.  Well, by 11 pm Monday night after not falling asleep, I ended up taking a little blue sleeping pill to see if that would work.  It did and I slept in till 10 o'clock the next morning and it felt so good to sleep soundly.

We went for a long hike Tuesday to try to wear me out, not that I need any help in that department.  I've been feeling foggy and sluggish from not getting the proper rest.  I was also thinking that little blue pill was the magical answer and took one Tuesday night at bedtime.  Nope, it didn't put me to sleep.  I guess that's a good thing anyway because I hate the grogginess and dry mouth and all together hangover feeling I get from sleeping pills and I really hate taking any kind of pill period.

I'm working on several alternative things to help me sleep.  One is melatonin and another is a crash course on Biofeedback that my step dad instructed me on,  visualization techniques and I ordered this sleeping mask.  It'll arrive next week and I'll try it out.  I'm willing to try almost anything at this point.  I do think the melatonin is helping.  Also, getting early morning sunlight to help regulate my internal clock.

Here's the pictures from our camping trip.
Does Mike look happy to be going camping?
On our way to the Point Reyes Seashore area of Olema and Point Reyes Station.
Nicasio church.
The beginning of our hike at the Bolinas Ridge Trailhead.
Looking at the view toward Inverness and Tomales Bay.
I love the praying mantis.
There's the picnic table.


Snack; peanuts and carob malt balls.
This lizard was a monster.  Big!
See the snake head?
Came across another one trying to cross the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment