Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Friday, November 5, 2010

Happy Friday!

I think this is one of our last days of really nice weather.  Gloriously warm and comfortable, able to have the doors and windows open for fresh air.  Supposed to start raining on Sunday.  I love the rain.  I love stormy weather.  I want some rain boots and this year I plan on getting a pair.  Just one pair.  Perhaps with polka dots.  Or flowers.  Something fun.  Gotta have a little fun, right?

Maybe I'll just go jump in some raked up leaves when I get my new rain boots.

Speaking of more serious things.  Someone I love has this dreadful disease called Alzheimer's.  It's truly frightening to see her go through this and I wish there was something I could do to make it go away.  It's changed my relationship forever with people that I love and care about.  I don't want to go into details because it's private and not pleasant to think about.  But I do think about it even though I try not to. 

And it hurts.

So...I keep myself busy because life must go on or it will drive you crazy and make you depressed thinking of the people and things you cannot fix.  So...I stay active.  Creating, doing, living, loving.  Always thinking and dreaming.  Brainstorming of new ideas and new things to try or make or do.   

We have a day of fun planned this weekend and after that, it's back to work.  I will be sure to bring my camera this time to get pictures.  Oh, I did get one of the things on my list done.  Made a huge batch of stew and put a bunch in the freezer.  I love having my freezer stocked full of soups, stews, chili, spaghetti sauce and such.  Makes it so easy to prepare a meal for when you don't feel like cooking.  Homemade chicken pot pies, too!




  Dandelion Weed Note Cards.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment