Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Camping Trip to Dillon Beach

First Day
Digging for clams.
Showing us a clam.
Shark!
Top of the hill.
We climbed the hill behind us, it's become a tradition to climb this big hill.
It was a very good ice-cream bar!
Our new friend, Kai.  Kai means 'sea' or 'open sea' in Hawaiian.
Waiting...
Still waiting...
Where's the rock???
You have it where??
I still can't see it.
Oh, there it goes!!
Don't worry, I'll get it!!
You got another one?

Pretty please!!?


I'll just wait here while you eat your lunch, okay?
In flew this fella.

Hey, you're too far for me to see what you're up to.
Hi.
I think I'll mosey over here if you don't mind, thank you very much.
Just checking out what these funny looking things are.
Another day with Kai, low tide.


We took Angelina and Aiden camping to our favorite place: Lawson's Landing at Dillon Beach.  They've made some changes to the campground and are going to be making many more changes over the coming years.  We went in the beginning of the week and there was hardly anyone there.

We got quite a few bike rides in, played in the water and met Kai, the sweetest and most friendly dog you ever met.  At first we tried throwing a few sticks in the water for him to retrieve.  Nothing doing.  We discovered by talking to Kai's owners that he prefers to chase rocks, real or imagined.  Once we discovered this little tidbit of information, he had a blast with the kids and I think they adopted him.  Or did he adopt them?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michael and Lisa,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Dillon Beach to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane, Sorry it took me almost a year to respond. I don't get comments very often and honestly don't check. Of course, you can share about Dillon Beach from my blog. We're due to take our grandchildren there again soon.

    ReplyDelete