Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Good to Know...

Since we work with wood, we get splinters, sometimes big ones and sometimes little ones.  The little ones usually come out with a bit of gentle prodding.  Once in awhile a splinter is so deep that you cannot get to it.  Well, when that happens, here's what to do...

Take a very small piece of Ivory Soap (has to be Ivory) and put it on your skin.  Place a band aid nice and snug on top.  Leave it like that overnight and in the morning, the splinter will have moved closer to the surface where you can now get at it. 

It worked for me.  I had a very deep and large redwood splinter in my finger.  All night long it woke me up from the small pulsating pain going on in my finger right at the source.  In the morning, I got out my magnifying glass and needle and with not too much prodding, there it was.  Another nasty splinter removed thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment