Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Friday, September 25, 2015

Slow and Lazy Autumn Days

Fall is in the air
and I'm so loving it.  The air is different this time of year, you can feel it and you can smell it.  The mornings are cooler and the days are definitely getting shorter although we're still having some hot daytime temperatures.  I will welcome the cooler weather and for sure the cooler nights.

I can't begin to tell you how nice it is to have our kitchen finished and I'm finally able to cook and do dishes in a real sink again.  I've been doing a lot of stir fry cooking in my new wok.  Fresh vegetables and easy meals.  I've been coming up with my own recipes, too.  Michael is happy.  No more eating out or having peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner.  No more paper plates.  Real dinner plates.  Nice!  I'm so in love with our home.

Michael has been working on some kitchen cabinets for a friend of ours.  Mike is really quite a craftsman, such a talented guy.  One thing I really love and appreciate about Mike is that he's a doer.  He never procrastinates.  If I want or need something done, he just does it.  I love that about him.  We don't really have any half finished projects lying around the house.   I know I'm a lucky lady.

We had a tree guy come by the house yesterday.  Turns out we're going to have a liquid amber tree removed in our backyard in mid October.  The tree is just too close to the house and will potentially cause some serious damage to our foundation.  He's going to also trim some redwood tree branches, just the ones that are hanging too low and are in the way of things.  I'm so glad these little problems are going to get taken care of.  

No comments:

Post a Comment