Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Mountain View Cemetery

Today we drove down to Oakland and painted in Mountain View Cemetery.

My paternal grandparents are buried there. At the office I was given a map and the section to find the graves. We drove up to the top of the hill and later realized we were searching in the section next to where they are located. Next time we go, we will find it. It's a very large and beautiful cemetery. People were out and enjoying the day, hiking and biking. They have many events and tours throughout the year and many famous people are buried there.

I think the cemetery would be a beautiful painting when it's foggy. Haunting. In the spring, they have a tulip festival and I want to visit again during that. They do family movies on the lawn in the evenings and you can bring chairs, blankets and picnic baskets. Check their Events Page.

Mountain View Cemetery




Mike painting away.
My view.
The beginning of my painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment