Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Awesome Blossoms - Paint Out

The alarm blazed at 6:30 a.m. and promptly I shut it off.  Drowsily
I lay there in the bed longing for a few more minutes of sleep. It was (is) pure comfort underneath the blankets and between my cozy warm flannel sheets. On my mind, thinking I needed to wake myself up and get my lazy butt out of bed because Susan will soon be here. The plan was to leave at 7:30 and for my good friend and artist, Susan Street, to follow me to Woodland for the early morning paint out.

Michael and I painted many times with Susan and we always had a ball. I was really looking forward to spending the morning painting with her and I'm so glad we did this event together.

This event was the first for this year of the Art & Ag put on by the Yolo County Arts Department in co-ordination with the farm owners to open their farms to artists. Today's event was titled Awesome Blossoms and awesome blossoms they were.

We arrived right on time, shortly after 8 a.m. and this was the first farm and meet up location to sign in for the event.
We drove around the farm seeing if we could find some interesting views to paint and took a few pictures.




We decided to move on to the next farm down the road and this is the location we both loved.
Our first subject.
Susan is painting away.
My unfinished (almost finished) painting. The bees kept buzzing around my awesome pink blossoms painting. They thought my blossoms were real. Awesome! lol



My second painting, California Cows on a Hillside.
Susan is working on her second painting of the morn.
More awesome blossoms.


This is where we parked and set up on the next row over.


No comments:

Post a Comment