Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bistro 29

We took off yesterday afternoon to stay at our friends house in Santa Rosa last night and this morning drove to Healdsburg to pick up our 5th wheel which is all repaired and now in good working order.  And we made it home safely with no mishaps or accidents along the way.  ;D

I'm excited to share with you where we had dinner!  Our friends, Andy and Donna, at whose home we were invited to spend the night, their son, Brian Anderson, is owner and chef at Bistro 29 in Santa Rosa.  Bistro 29 has an efficient, friendly and attentive staff, a modern yet elegant decor rich in red and black with romantic lighting and a relaxed ambiance. 
Bistro 29
Brian was gracious enough to allow me access in the kitchen for a few shots, during which he and his assistants were busily preparing orders, I did my best to stay out of their way as they were going to and fro stirring this or garnishing that.


Bistro 29 uses local and organic products in all the dishes.  The 29 in Bistro 29 comes from the department of Finistère which means 'End of the Earth' located in the upper tip of Northwest France. 
Brian uses old world techniques to create both traditional and untraditional dishes which are superb.  Chef creator, Brian, is totally unpretentious, he's down to earth and passionate about food and it shows.

I ordered the special Halibut dinner which came with an artichoke sauce that was delicious!  Michael ordered this: Steak Frites- bavette of Kobe beef with pommes frites, arugula, crispy shallots & maître d’hôtel butter, I had a bite of Michael's dish and it simply was melt in your mouth goodness bursting with hearty flavor.  The food is not airy and tiny nor flamboyant as are common with French cuisine, Brian's dishes are perfectly proportioned.
Brian Anderson; Owner Chef
For dessert Michael and I shared, Brown Sugar Crème Brûlée and Warm Valrhona Chocolate Fondant Cake with Salted Caramel Ice Cream.  Note: I was informed by Donna that Brian creates and churns all of the ice-cream on the menu.  By the way, I am a huge lover of Crème Brûlée.  I must confess, Michael couldn't prevent me from eating mostly all of BOTH of these delectable desserts, he had only a few bites while I ate the rest, leaving me with a too gorged tummy for the evening but totally worth every bite.  No guilt.

If you're looking for a special place to take that special someone or just need a night out, you will love the food at Bistro 29.  Brian makes everything from scratch and Tuesday thru Thursday night he has a special dinner you can order which is a three course meal for only $29.  That's such a great deal for such a fantastic meal which includes dessert and will leave you utterly satisfied and looking forward to your next visit with anticipation.  I know I am!
Very nice bar and wine selection!

620 5th Street, Santa Rosa, California 707-546-2929
Tell him Honey's Treasures sent you!  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment