Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Blazing Heat

Wow, Fourth of July is upon us and it's dang hot here all this week.  Ugh.  The blazing heat, currently 100 right now, is ---- zapping ---- me ---- of ---- all ---- my ---- e - n - e - r - g - y. 

We work on our orders in the cool (if you can call it that) of the morning and these days, anywhere between 1 and 3 pm is quitting time for us because we're simply exhausted from the heat.  Usually Mike takes a nap.  I can't nap or I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.  Nighttime.  That's another thing.  I have the ceiling fan on and our standing fan blowing directly on me all night with no covers.  It's the only way I can get any sleep and sometimes that doesn't work.  Sleep doesn't come easy for me. 

Our house doesn't have air conditioning and usually that's fine because we get the Delta Breeze blowing through Fairfield which really helps to cool things off for us.  Not lately though.  It's just plain miserable.  You can't work.  You don't feel like cleaning house.  You have no appetite.  You can't cook or bake.  It's too hot to be outside.  There's nothing to do but laze around in the house with the fans aimed and blowing full speed at your face.  That's us.  Panting and puffing at each other. 

Wish -- I -- was...
back at Dillon Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment