Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Plein Air Painting Group

We joined a plein air painting group
and everyone met today at China Camp State Park.  What fun!  Meeting people and making new friends that share the same love of art that we have.  I'm totally hooked on plein air painting.

Mike and I found a nice spot to paint right away.

 My little painting above on my new Strada Easel.
 Mike working on his piece.
 Mike's artwork.  He has such fun painting and his paintings are so sweet.

Afterward we all met in the parking lot to chat and snack.  A lot of the artists said they struggled with painting today because it was so windy.  I set up my umbrella and had to take it down because the wind almost took off with it, turned it inside out.











On the way home, I saw something that looked interesting off to the right side of the road and asked Mike to slow down and make a turn to go check it out.  He didn't seem to feel like painting again, getting everything out of the truck and setting it all up, but he did because he saw how much I wanted to do paint another one.  The spot we found was nice and not windy at all and there was this cute little bridge with a small creek underneath.  Mike even worked on a painting but I'm not sure if he was happy with it so it's not shown here.
All set up and got to work right away.  My goal for this painting was to work as fast as I could, trying to catch the scene very quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment