Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Painting a Day - Got Sick Though...

Well, my plan was to do a painting a day and I fell short this week because I got sick.
I'm feeling better now but still haven't been able to paint. I've been running a fever most of the week and whatever this cold is, it's really zapped my energy level.

I'm hoping to be at my easel tomorrow afternoon and hopefully can post a new painting. This weekend, if it doesn't rain, I will be out and about in Petaluma painting scenes. The forecast is saying rain. Not happy about that. :-(

Will have to do some studio work if it rains.

The painting shown here is a plein air painting I did in Harmony, California, last year and entered in our local juried art show and it won 2nd place. This particular juried show is not easy to get a piece of artwork accepted because of the rigorous way they judge each piece. Three judges decide which pieces get in for each category and all three have to agree. Just getting accepted is quite an honor.

Harmony, CA 11x14 oil painting plein air
We were camping in Morro Bay one week last year with some friends and Michael and I drove up to the small town of Harmony to see what we could find to paint. I first painted the one shown below, then the one shown above was my second painting to complete that day. It was a really warm day, too, I was surprised I got two down. There isn't much there in the way of the town of Harmony itself, but the countryside and the old buildings are gorgeous. There is a winery on the hill overlooking the town with delicious wines. I'd love to go back down there to paint again this summer or next year if that doesn't work out. I have so much going on right now.

Harmony 9x12 oil painting plein air
Currently I'm working on getting into a couple more galleries. I've accepted my applications and the interest seems to be good with my artwork. As an artist, you never know who will respond to your work, who is going to like your style. I paint what inspires me though and really don't worry too much about whether or not it's something that will sell. Of course, I hope it will sell but my main objective is to be true to me and what subjects interest me. Not to say I don't do commission work though, because I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment