Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Aunt Yvonne's Table

Here's the finished table in our Antique Sea Glass Green, one of my favorite colors!
Aunt Yvonne's house is up in the Hayward hills and has a very Spanish southwestern style decor.  It's a beautiful home with gorgeous golden California hillsides behind their property and a sweeping view of Hayward, the bay and the city of San Francisco beyond. 
I tiled the top of the table today.  Michael was my cutter on the tile saw.
The centerpiece.
The left side.
So badly did she want to incorporate crosses on each side, which ties in with the Spanish flair going on in the home decor, so I came up with this design in order to do that.  The only way I could think of was to cut the neutral tiles into random shapes and sizes to fit like a puzzle around the crosses.  It worked out fine and any tiny imperfections in the tile cuts will be hidden once it's grouted with the sandstone color I chose.
The right side cross.
Auntie Yvonne is so cute, she just can't wait to put her dishes on it and start using it.  She promised me that she won't put anything on the top until I can get down there to grout it on Thursday.  Hoping she didn't have her fingers crossed behind her back.  ha ha


No comments:

Post a Comment