Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Sunday, May 19, 2013

A dream come true backyard.

Some shots I took yesterday.  We had a little (BBQ Burgers) dinner on the new enclosed back porch.  I'm in love with it.
Michael's new He Man BBQ area.
A beautiful pot we purchased yesterday with some fragrant climbing Jasmine to hide the messy ugly telephone wires.
A fish Mike made a long time ago and I have plans to add these to our shop.  Just haven't gotten around to it.  Hand carved with rusty tin fins.  Really cool for garden decor.
A new gazing ball Michael bought for me.
It's gorgeous!
The new patio chairs Mike whipped out for us.  Want some?
Jan and Gary came over for dinner and Mexican Train Dominoes.
Cheers, Jan!
Yep, that's me.
Intimate dinner party for four.
Looking out into the yard.

Life can sometimes be a bowl of cherries.
From this rustic arched metal gate, to the left, is the last section of the yard that I want to change.  I'm going to take up all the stepping stones and put down a path of small river pebbles to imbed them, instead of packed sand which is currently there.  We have large tree roots (not only the tree in the foreground, but another two trees in the back) lifting up the stepping stones and creating a tripping hazard.  My thinking is, if they are just set into small rocks that will no longer be an issue.  Plus, at the end of the path (it meanders over a little wooden bridge that Mike made) is an area with a trellis (is rotting) I want to take out and brick in another area for yet another small conversation setting.

I'm leaning towards a swing glider bench and maybe a couple of small tables.  I don't know...still trying to picture it in my mind.  Maybe once the path and bricked in sitting area is completed, then I will have my mind made up.

No comments:

Post a Comment