Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Photography I entered into the art show

I entered the Fairfield Juried Art Show this year.  There are three that I entered and each one got into the show. 

This first picture I took out the window (Michael was driving) while we were traveling across northern New Mexico last year.  It got a First Place ribbon.
Alien Landscape - First Place
On our way to New Orleans we spent one night in Natchitoches, Louisiana.  We had a full day to dink around the area and explore the town.  On our way down some side road along the river we were heading back into town after visiting an old plantation and I see this man sitting on the front porch of an old dilapidated house.  I begged Michael to go back hoping I could get some pictures.   James was such a nice southern gentleman and I think he was flattered that I wanted to take his picture.  I'm guessing no one ever wanted to take his picture before and I got so many wonderful shots that day.  This one got a Second Place ribbon.
James Earl Brown - Second Place
I also entered this landscape and it got into the show, too.  As far as I know, it didn't get a ribbon or anything.  I was just down there at the mall and some of the artists wanted to know the story behind this one and the two black and whites.
Sunlit Aspen

No comments:

Post a Comment