Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Friday, April 18, 2014

Cricket's Bait Shop in Krotz Springs, Louisiana

In the fall of 2012, we took a trip to New Orleans and along the way happened to go through Krotz Springs, Louisiana.  Along the right side of the road was this wildly artistic and funky looking place and we had no idea what it was so we stopped to check it out.  It turns out it was Cricket's Bait Shop.  We met Cricket and both, Michael and I were captivated.  Last time we were there, she was telling us how a tree fell through the roof and she wanted to get someone to carve a snake head.

This time we made plans to be sure to stop by and see what Cricket was up to and if the carving was ever done.  The tree is still there and isn't going anywhere but the snake's head hasn't been carved.  If we lived nearby, I know Mike would carve something for her and have a ball doing it.  We will always make plans to stop and say hello to Cricket whenever we get the chance to visit Louisiana.  Honestly, we love Louisiana and I think our favorite place is Natchitoches.  We also fell in love with the Cajun Country of which Krotz Springs is part of.  We stayed in a town called Eunice.  More of that will come later.  As you can see, I'm way behind in my blog posts.  I was able to get some really cool photographs this trip.  I'm not going to post them here just yet.

When we first arrived in Krotz Springs on our way to New Orleans a couple of weeks ago, Cricket was up on her roof doing some repairs.  It seems that another tree had fallen and did some damage to the roof.  She came immediately down to greet us.  She's really a sweet person and I'm happy to have met her.  Here's a link to an article about her.  She doesn't like her picture to be taken.  I figured, the picture I captured of her on the roof would be okay since it doesn't show her face and is only a small glimpse of her through the trees. 
Notice: Do not steal!
I love this one.  Read it!


A little Christmas and Halloween pumpkin.
Boudin Balls.
Don't forget to stop in at the gas station next door and get yourself some fried chicken or boudin balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment