Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Family Room Remodel

Mike did a little video last night of our new family room remodel.  We're really enjoying the updated  arrangement of furniture and new t.v. location.  It's perfect for looking outside and enjoying the view of our backyard which was part of the reason for the new design in the first place.  The main reason for me, a biggie, was to get rid of the entire brick wall and only keep a portion of it for the fireplace.  We're very happy with how it all turned out.  I painted it with Benjamin Moore Governors Gold.  I figure if in a few years I get tired of the yellow I can repaint it for a whole new look.  It's a little brighter yellow than I originally wanted but I can live with this.  It's a happy color.  Sunshiny and it brightens the room up.

If you want to see what the room looked like before, go to this link.  Before Pictures and Videos.

Next up:  Kitchen remodel.

We laid out the kitchen shape and measurements on the floor using painters tape.  Marking where all the appliances are and worked out some new ideas.  I'm going for a more functional (for me) and untraditional farmhouse style kitchen.  At least that's what I envision.  I want to get a new farmhouse apron style sink.  Not a huge oversized sink.  Not a double sink either.  Just a smallish single porcelain sink.  The dishwasher will be relocated to a more functional space next to the sink, too.

Still in the planning stages.  I don't know, knowing Mike he'll probably start ripping the cabinets out before I'm ready.  That's how he operates.  When he knows there's work to be done, he just goes at it. I'll come home from the gym one morning and find the kitchen cabinets all out.  haha

No, hopefully, he won't do that.  I'm still trying to figure it all out in my head.  One thing I'm sure that I want to install is a new breakfast style counter that'll hold at least two stools.  I can picture it in my head but I'm having a hard time picturing it all in place inside our kitchen.  We have a small kitchen so there's only so much wall space to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment