Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Lazy Sunday

It felt so nice to sleep in this morning
all snug and warm underneath the covers.  Had a bite to eat and then I decided that I wanted to work in the backyard.  That way, I can keep a lookout for some good shots of our birdies and get some badly needed weeding and trimming done.
The hand carved blue heron above is leftover from the days when Mike was making these to sell at craft fairs and such.  I have a few favorites that I really don't want to sell.  I used to have the herons  listed for sale in our Etsy shop but he asked me to take them off.  I suppose if someone really wanted one bad enough, he might make one for them.  

My orange Home Depot bucket is used for dropping the pulled weeds into.

Two Pileated Woodpeckers that Mike carved.




A rusty tin man I made that lost his body.
I love that the hydrangeas are all in bloom.  




As I was weeding and moving around the yard, Mr. Robin came and perched on top of the arched gate to see what I was about.  I was telling him how beautiful he is and he just sat there listening to me.  Carefully I walked to get a bit closer to him and the shots down below are ones I captured while cooing sweet words of love to him. 








Here's some videos I got of the babies. 
I got the one above of her feeding the babies on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment