Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Two New Paintings

I just finished two new paintings.
Currently I'm working on several at a time and each day I work a little bit on each one if I can.  It depends on how quickly the paint dries, it's more slow going since the weather cooled.

This painting is of Shiprock and is done entirely with a palette knife.  The paint is WET and very thick.  I took a bunch of photographs of Shiprock the last time we passed through the northern part of New Mexico.

 Shiprock. LINK HERE.
 Boulevard Saint-Denis, Argenteuil, in Winter. LINK HERE.

My two favorite artists to paint after are Monet and Van Gogh.  Do you know that most people mispronounce Van Gogh's name?  It's not Van Go.  That is the accepted way to say it in America.  The British say Van Goff, but the Dutch pronounce it totally different.  If you want to know how Van Gogh himself would have said it, listen to this.  Van Gogh pronunciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment