Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

An unlikely marriage

Here is an old box I found at a sale recently.  I took off the hardware, sanded it down and really wasn't certain what to do with it, just thought it a cool old box to store stuff.  Then, Michael and I were at an estate sale recently and found these antique legs.  The first thing that came to my mind was they'd help make my box a most perfect table.  Voila!  Here it is.  I've painted the box to go with the legs and hand painted a Fleur-de-lis and some swirly designs of my own around the edges.  Gilded the edges to match the legs and found a nice little latch for the table at the salvage yard in Berkeley.

Very happy with how this turned out and will make a nice storage table for a sewing or craft room.  A bedside table or even an end sofa table.

No comments:

Post a Comment