Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Friday, October 28, 2011

Feel like cookin'?

Finally saw the movie, Julie and Julia, a week or so ago and ever since watching it, I've had this irresistible urge to cook and bake.  If anything, it's an excuse to wear my pretty little aprons.  ;-)

The house smells wonderful!  On Wednesday I made Italian Gravy, yesterday; Minestrone Soup (delicious) and Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies with walnuts (you can't eat only one) and today I made Chicken Saute Sec, Chocolate Cream Pie and a delectable Fresh Strawberry Pie.  We now have quite a few containers of freezer dinners tucked away for those days that I don't feel like or don't have time to cook.  Next week:  Chili Beans, Pasta Vazoole, Chicken Stew.

Tonight we're going to a little dinner party and I'm bringing both pies to serve with freshly whipped and sweetened whip cream.  My very first Fresh Strawberry Pie with homemade glaze:   
Isn't it luscious looking?


No comments:

Post a Comment