Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Friday, February 17, 2012

Pizza Pie

Before baking.
I made homemade pizza last night, because for some reason, I was craving it.  Freshly made dough from scratch, grated mozzarella, mushrooms, green onions, bell peppers, fresh tomatoes and as you can see, fresh feta cheese on my side.     

The dough is easy:

1 pkg. yeast, 2/3 cup warm water, 1 tsp. sugar:  Proof the yeast by letting this mixture sit for 5-10 minutes until it foams.
Put 1 2/3 cup unbleached flour and 3/4 tsp. salt in a bowl or food processor.  Slowly pour the yeast mixture into the bowl and pulse to mix.  Add 3/4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil and pulse a couple times.  Take out and pat out to fill on a greased pizza pan or use a pizza stone.

Set the pizza pan with the patted dough circle aside to rest while you grate the cheese and get your toppings ready.  This pizza was made with no sauce and I used fresh tomatoes in it's place.  Use sauce or not, your preference.

Bake in a preheated oven at 450 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes, depending on how hot your oven gets.  I didn't check my pizza until 25 minutes and the crust was slightly overdone.  Not burned, just crispy brown.  Delizioso!      
All done.  A little on the over done as I checked it at 25 minutes instead of 20.







No comments:

Post a Comment