Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Surgery in the morning

Surgery tomorrow for my right shoulder rotator cuff repair.  My doctor said I'll be in a sling for a month, no driving.  It'll be a good 6 months to a year before I'm completely recovered with my shoulder use back to where it should be.  No lifting over 5 pounds for quite a while, physical therapy: the whole nine yards.

I jokingly asked him if he could just Superglue it back together for me.  He replied that one day they will be using a type of glue in place of what they now use which is plastic screws and sutures to hold the muscle in place.  Here is a link I found online regarding some scientific research with Frog glue.   Interesting.

Here is a link my doctor showed me that has little videos which have some short animated videos exhibiting various rotator cuff procedures.  If you click on 'shoulder' then click on the various orthopaedic treatment options to see a video of what he'll be doing to me tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment