Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Surgery Completed!

I'm home, surgery went good.  Turns out there was no tear, just fraying and bone spurs my doc removed.  Good news!  Resting and dozing all afternoon in the recliner with my arm in a sling and a completely numb arm and hand.  It's a weird feeling to not be able to move your arm or even the fingers; they said it could last up to 12 hours or longer.  Very strange feeling to be temporarily paralyzed and couldn't imagine having to live like that permanently. 

My typing is pretty slow with plenty of backspacing for corrections on errors.

Michael took the rest of the day off to stay home with me and is in the garage working on some Etsy orders.  They sent me home with a pretty cool looking ice pack machine which is a pad formed to stay on with Velcro over the shoulder and has a tube connected to it which leads to an electric unit that resembles an Igloo type cooler for drinks to keep cold.

Leftover lasagna for dinner tonight!  I'm just beginning to get hungry for the second time today.  The first time was just before the nurse put the drip meds in to relax me.  I never even felt the arm block meds go in and it was right after that when they wheeled me in for surgery.  And then I woke up!  ;-D

Hey, I'm just beginning to have slight movement in my fingers finally.  Can wiggle them a little bit.  When it starts tingling, that's when I'm supposed to begin my pain meds for a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment