Honey's Treasures

Honey's Treasures

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Shoulder Healing Fast!

My daughter drove me to a post op appt. this morning and the Dr. I saw was pretty impressed with my recovery.  I began moving my shoulder on the third day after surgery even though it was painful, several times each day doing little arm circles, arm raises and stretches.  The doctor that saw me today said it's the best and quickest recovery he's seen.  He said most people come in with their arm in the sling, no movement and having lots of pain.  Doc wanted to know how I'm doing on my pain meds and I told him that I only took 3 1/2 pills the day of my surgery and couldn't take any more because they made me sick and I don't need or want them.

Then I proceeded to show him all my arm movements.  His eyes practically popped out of his head and he had such a big smile on his face.  I confessed that I was worried that I might have overworked it and he said, "Probably, but that's a good thing, not a bad thing."

Tomorrow morning after the gym is my first physical therapy appointment.  I'm on the road to a full recovery within 2 to 3 months.  I can do very short distance driving, no freeway yet and am so happy about that, just can't drive the stick shift yet.  So very grateful for the speedy healing!!

The doctor said they're putting me in the advanced program of physical therapy.  ;D   

No comments:

Post a Comment